Tuesday, March 15, 2011

For Lent, I'm giving up... POTATOES!!!!! 


For those of you who are not familiar with this Christian tradition, Lent is the season before Easter. Lent is a time of growth and simplicity - it's kind of like "spring cleaning" (actually, Lent comes from the Germanic word for springtime)<-- wikipedia!! It's a time to clean out those things in our lives that can often take up too much of our time, or take a priority over our relationship with God. I know some people are giving up TV, or Facebook, or websurfing on their iPhones during this time. Since I don't watch TV, don't go on Facebook regularly, and don't own an iPhone (remember? I'm a grandma from the 60's), I've decided to give up potatoes for 40 days. For those of you who know me well, potatoes are like my DAILY DIET... that and burgers. I honestly do need to eat more healthy foods since I was bred on Mr. Noodles my whole life, so this will be a good opportunity to change my insanely bad eating habits. HELP!

I started the fast from potatoes yesterday, and I'm already in withdrawal mode (which is probably why I photoshopped potatoheads (see previous post)... 
it's to compensate for the lack of potatoes/fries/chips consumption.

Anyway, please support me and my Potato Fast in these 2 ways:
1) If you see me, remind me not to eat potatoes!
2) DO NOT eat potatoes in front of me... or I will kill you. just kidding!!!


(but not really).

2 comments:

  1. i support you....but it might mean i won't see you for 40 days :( j/k! i'll take my potato-eating elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh.. I love potatoes too but honestly I don't remember the last time I had anything with potatoes in it. :( So I'm doing this fast with you without even trying~ YOU CAN DO IT! You need to find a replacement, that's all. How about... BANANAS! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete